The U.S.-Mexico Leadership Initiative provides member companies with high-level services, including exclusive access to meetings and events and policy advocacy for member issues and priorities. Members of the USMLI include some of the largest U.S. companies that invest in or have business in Mexico.
If you are interested in learning how to be a member or for more information, please contact Daniel Vazquez.
Advancing Member Priorities
- Government Dialogue: Engagement with the U.S. and Mexican governments to promote consensus building on major issues in the bilateral relationship, advance business priorities, and provide networking opportunities for members. Continued support for ongoing government-to-government initiatives on regulatory cooperation and a 21st century border vision.
- Task Forces and Working Groups: Member-driven policy groups on agriculture and food security; energy; financial services; innovation and technology; mining; and transportation, logistics, and customs that advocate policy recommendations for both governments.
- Trade Facilitation: Advocate for measures that enhance competitiveness to make the flow of commerce between the U.S. and Mexico faster and more efficient, and to reduce trade transaction costs.
Events & Activities
- U.S.-Mexico Business Summit: Annual forum for substantive public-private discussions on the U.S.-Mexico economic and commercial relationship.
- Trade Missions: Opportunity for members to meet with Mexican senior government officials from all levels of federal and state government.
- Mexico Series: Fosters in-depth discussions of developments in the growing bilateral commercial and economic relationship and features prominent speakers from the Mexican and U.S. governments, as well as business leaders and influential scholars.
- Policy Advocacy: Engagement on issues affecting the bilateral relationship as they arise. Past and current advocacy includes leading coalitions to resolve the trucking dispute, supporting Mexico’s entry into the TPP, and the tomato dispute.
- U.S.-Mexico CEO Dialogue: The CEO Dialogue is a bilateral private sector forum that seeks to engage on key economic and trade issues that impact the relationship between the U.S. and Mexico. The group convenes U.S. and Mexican companies that are committing resources and investing in both markets to advocate for the bilateral trade and commercial relationship.